Monday, May 4, 2015

About Hannah Rose

I’m Hannah Rose.  I’m 12 years old and a Year 8 student in the Tall Poppies Class. I’m very excited about being one of the first Head Students at Tauriko School with Sophie Finn. We have some great ideas for this coming year.  I am involved in lots of responsibilities within the school - I am a Dynamo Leader, Rimu House Captain, student librarian and a Planet Pals leader. I have also enjoyed being a student ambassador for school events and outings.

Something I’m really looking forward to is leading the School Council along with Sophie.  The School Council has been one of my favourite responsiblities. I was a Class Representative in 2013 and a School Council member last year and now I get to lead the team with Sophie.

I think a leader is someone who:
  • Works well with others and takes in everyone’s ideas
  • Is a positive and proud team member
  • Gives 110% to everything
  • Gives everything a go and enjoys challenge

·        I really enjoy Physical Education and I’m a keen team player.  I won the Tauriko School Sportsperson of the Year at the 2014 School Prizegiving.  I love running and swimming.  I play hockey and love most team sports.  One of my key goals is to push myself and take all opportunities as you never know what you might be good at.

In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my friends, reading a good book and eating rabbit food -salads and fruit. I look forward to a busy year ahead and working with lots of new people.


1 comment:

  1. Hannah,
    Congratulations on being one of our first ever Head Students. You and Sophie think carefully and with great enthusiasm about what you want this role to look like. You have met with all classes while they ate their lunch over last term and listened to what students have to say about their school.
    Thank you for organising this blog, it is a great way for you both to keep in touch with the school community and it might be an idea to let students know about this at assembly. I will put a link in my next blog.
    A huge thank you too for organising our first ever 40 Hour Famine! Congratulations on having 20 Year 6 - 8 students (so far!) involved. This is a brilliant start. You are organising packs for each of the participants. I look forward to hearing how this goes after this weekend.
    Thank you also for supporting staff in so many little ways. I know they appreciate your help. You are a very thoughtful Head Student.

    ReplyDelete